St. Luke the Evangelist Catholic School?
From the first days of kindergarten through eighth grade graduation, St. Luke the Evangelist Catholic School will prepare your child for the world through spiritual guidance, a superior education, and a caring, disciplined environment. St. Luke School provides a unique Christian learning experience that will lay the foundation for our students to be successful and productive citizens. The integration of Catholic values throughout each day helps students develop both spiritually and academically.
Reasons for choosing St. Luke the Evangelist Catholic School
Learning the Catholic faith and respecting each other is reinforced every day. Students participate in daily prayer and weekly liturgies. Gospel values and Christian morals are integrated across the curriculum.
St. Luke School is focused on research-based practices that are highly effective for learning. Teachers are trained in the latest teaching strategies to assure academic rigor in the classroom, so students are challenged at their level.
Safe, Nurturing Environment
St. Luke School offers a family-oriented environment that is safe and welcoming. Our learning environment offers opportunities for students to thrive.
St. Luke School hires quality teachers who are passionate about their vocation. All teachers are licensed and endorsed by the State of Iowa.
Students Serve the Community
Students develop a sense of service to others through participation in service projects that instill values rooted in helping others and the community.
Technology is a priority at St. Luke School as we prepare students for a global economy. The instructional experience is enhanced with educational software, interactive white boards, and other applications.
We believe parents are the primary educators of their children. Parents are encouraged to be highly involved in their children’s educational experience by participating in a variety of opportunities.
Did You Know?
- St. Luke the Evangelist is the first Catholic elementary school in Ankeny.
- The school opened in August 2015 for K-3rd grade students. Each year following, a new grade is added until it serves K-8th grade students in 2020.
- Students plan and participate in weekly school liturgies.
- Students participate in numerous opportunities for community service.
- Before and after-school childcare is available.
- Students build their faith by participating and planning Advent and Lenten programs.
- Our hot lunch program is prepared onsite.
- Art, Music, Spanish, PE, Guidance, and Technology are part of the weekly curriculum.
- St. Luke the Evangelist Catholic School is accredited by the state of Iowa.
- All teachers are licensed and endorsed by the state of Iowa in their subject areas.
A holistic learning experience that encompasses faith, academics, and service is a wonderful investment in a child’s future. Paying the full cost of tuition, however, can be a challenge for many families.
A variety of opportunities for financial assistance are available, including the Catholic Tuition Organization (CTO) and Project Hope (Help Our Parents Educate). Please contact us for more information.