St. Luke the Evangelist Catholic School Board
St. Luke the Evangelist Catholic School Board is responsible for all aspects of the formal educational programs in the primary areas of our parish school including faith formation.
The Board is the voice of the local Catholic community in educational planning, goal setting, and policy development in accord with the intent and spirit of the Diocesan Board.
Specific duties and functions include the following and are not restricted to:
- Oversee and evaluate area educational programs and activities
- Seek a better understanding and wider support of Catholic education within the local community
- Develop, adopt and secure adherence to the annual educational program budget in collaboration with the Parish Finance Council
- Retain personnel according to defined policy of both the Board of Education and Diocesan Board of Education
- Adopt the Diocesan Board of Education Policies and enforce them at the local level
- Determine local policies relating to the planning, operation and maintenance of new and existing facilities and equipment
- Periodically evaluate effectiveness of the Board policies and functions, accomplishments of goals and objectives, and all programs that are overseen by the Board
The Board is composed of seven parishioners and the pastor. Meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 7pm in the Parish Hall. Meetings are not held in July or December. Copies of Board minutes are available on the school website.
The St. Luke the Evangelist Catholic Board of Education is committed to service to children. The objective is to help each child develop into a mature individual and a contributing member of society. The Board of Education believes that this objective can best be met through a school program wide enough in scope to encompass the spiritual, intellectual, physical, civic, social and aesthetic education of children.
The St. Luke the Evangelist Catholic Board of Education realizes that an effective school program must be directed toward common needs of all children; however, the Board of Education believes the emphasis must lie always on the unique needs of each individual child.
2017-2018 Board Members
Fr. Larry Hoffmann, Pastor
Licia Pettit, President